Useful Websites – Geography
Here are some suggested primary geography websites that could be useful for children to access at home:
- National Geographic Kids - www.natgeokids.com - Interactive games, videos, and articles on topics like wildlife, world cultures, geography, and history.
- BBC Bitesize Primary Geography - www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zf34jxs - Video lessons, quizzes, and activities organized by topic. Covers map skills, physical geography, human geography.
- Ordnance Survey Mapzone - www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/mapzone - Games and resources for practicing map reading skills. Can print off maps and activities.
- Geography Games - www.geography-games.com - Fun online geography games to help learn countries, flags, cities, physical features.
- Kids Geo - www.kidsgeo.com - Interactive maps, quizzes, explorers section, and “learnography” resources.
- National Geographic Education - www.nationalgeographic.org/education - Lesson plans, interactive maps, photo galleries, and videos. “Explorer Classroom” section.
- Ordnance Survey Education - https://getoutside.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/ - Videos, activity ideas, and resources focused on map skills and local geography.
- Espresso Education - https://central.espresso.co.uk/espresso/primary_uk/home/index.html - Video lessons, interactives, and learning activities if the school has a subscription.