Vision, Principles, Values and Aims
We can, we will.
At East Dene Primary School a culture of positivity and self-belief underpins all that we do, with our school motto being ‘We Can and We Will’
Our ambition at East Dene Primary School is to provide opportunities for all children to develop as independent, confident, successful and life-long learners, with high aspirations and the learning agility to make a positive contribution to their community and the wider society now and in the future.
We aim to nurture all talents and to remove limits, inspiring all children to be the best that they can be. Our curriculum firmly supports our vision and aims for our children, and encourages a culture and ethos which encourages the development of all involved in the whole school community.
Our school is committed to ensuring that the curriculum is broad and balanced, in order that the needs of all children are provided for, whatever their individual requirements.
We aim to make provision for academic achievement and spiritual, social, moral, cultural, physical and creative development of all our children.
We will value kindness, friendship, respect, responsibility, empathy and resilience and these will be celebrated across school.
Our Core values and aims:
We value our children showing resilience when:
- Our children will show resilience and the ability to tackle challenges independently or with minimal guidance.
- Resilient children exhibit a positive attitude even when facing setbacks.
- Our children will show resilience and are able to adapt to change and unexpected situations.
- Resilient children are willing to ask for help when needed.
- Resilience also involves managing conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
We value our children showing respect when:
- Children at East Dene use polite language and manners.
- Respectful children show they value others’ thoughts and feelings by actively listening.
- Our children will show respect by being inclusive and considerate of differences.
- Our children handle conflict and disagreement in a calm and respectful manner.
- Children at East Dene show understanding and care for others’ feelings.
We value our children showing empathy when:
- East Dene children acknowledges and validates others’ feelings.
- Empathetic children offer support to those in need.
- East Dene children show empathy by actively listening and showing genuine interest in what others are saying.
- Our children try to understand the perspectives and experiences of others.
- Empathy often leads to acts of kindness.
We value our children showing kindness when:
- An East Dene child would willingly offer assistance to those in need.
- Our children would ensure that no one feels left out.
- Our children will offer compliments and words of encouragement to boost others’ confidence.
- East Debe children aim to resolve conflicts without hurting others.
- Our children show appreciation for the kindness of others.
We value our children showing responsibility when:
- Children at East Dene know that to have responsibility is important.
- Our children show care for their and school’s belongings.
- East Dene children are responsible as they understand and follow rules and guidelines.
- Responsible children are punctual and arrive on time for commitments.
- East Dene children know responsibility involves helping others when needed.
We value our children showing friendship when:
- East Dene children know a good friend is there for you in times of need.
- Our children know friends often share toys, snacks, and experiences.
- At East Dene true friends accept each other’s differences.
- East Dene Friends sometimes have disagreements, but they work through them.
- Our children enjoy spending time together and create positive memories.