Progression of Language – RSE
- Bodies – your physical structure
- Fears – something you are afraid of
- Growth – to grow/ get bigger
- Fun – something you enjoy
- Friendship – a relationship between friends
- Falling out – having a disagreement with someone
- Life cycle – changes that happen over a life time
- Changes -when something different happens
- Male – a boy
- Female – a girl
- Belonging – to be part of a group or family
- Preferences – liking something more than something else
- Physical contact-to be touched
- Life cycles (plants) –the stages of a plants life
- Young – to have lived for a short amount of time
- Old – to have lived for a longer amount of time
- Independence – to be able to do it on your own or have little help
- Boundaries – to limit something
- Secrets- something which is meant to kept unseen or unknown by others
- Trust -to believe someone or something is reliable or the truth
- Appreciation – to recognise good things about someone or something
- Internal – on the inside
- External – on the outside
- Needs – something that is a necessary
- Roles – a part to play
- Impact – something or someone having a significant effect or influence
- Diverse lives – having a life made up of different people, objects, things
- Negotiation – a discussion which comes to an agreement
- Being unique– being the only one of a particular type; single; sole. without equal or like; unparalleled.
- Body changes– when our body changes usually for good
- Transition – the process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another
- Accepting change – seeing change as being able to try new things or improve yourself
- Having a baby -when a mother carries a baby inside her and then the baby is born
- Jealousy -feeling of unhappiness and anger because someone has something or someone that you want:
- Love -an intense feeling of deep affection
- Loss – the fact or process of losing something or someone
- Memories – something remembered from the past.
- Girlfriends – A person’s regular female companion with whom they have a romantic or sexual relationship
- Boyfriends– A person’s regular male companion with whom they have a romantic or sexual relationship
- Self-image – the idea one has of one’s abilities, appearance, and personality.
- Media influence -the actual force exerted by a media message, resulting in either a change or reinforcement in audience or individual beliefs.
- Puberty – the period during which adolescents reach sexual maturity and become capable of reproduction
- Conception – the action of conceiving a child or of one being conceived.
- IVF– a medical procedure whereby an egg is fertilized by sperm in a test tube or elsewhere outside the body.
- Self-recognition – recognising the “self” as separate from others
- Self-esteem – confidence in one’s own worth or abilities; self-respect.
- Online communities – a group of people held together by a common interest or purpose who interact with each other online.
- Gaming – the action or practice of playing video games
- Gambling – take risky action in the hope of a desired result.
- Grooming– the action by a paedophile of preparing a child for a meeting, especially via an internet chat room, with the intention of committing a sexual offence.
- Body image – a person’s perception of their physical self and the thoughts and feelings, positive, negative or both.
- Physical attraction – the fact that an individual finds another person appealing
- Consent- permission for something to happen or agreement to do something
- Sexting – the action or practice of sending sexually explicit photographs or messages via mobile phone
- Mental health – Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being
- Sources of support – can be natural (e.g., family and friends) or more formal (e.g., mental health specialists or community organizations. A place or person you can go to for help
- Control – the power to influence or direct people’s behaviour or the course of events.
- Power– the ability or capacity to do something or act in a particular way